At – A preposition of place which is used to discuss a certain point
In – A preposition of place which is used to discuss an enclosed space
On – A preposition of time which is used to discuss a surface
Prepositions of place allow you to be very specific when talking about where action takes place in stories or when discussing important details for communication purposes.
Examples of Prepositions of Place
Prepositions of place give you the ability to tell others where something is located. In the following examples, the prepositions of place have been italicized for ease of identification.
- Jessie waited for Jim at the corner.
- The mall is located at the intersection of Main Street and Third Avenue.
- We spent a quiet evening at home.
- I’m growing tomatoes in my garden.
- Marie was born in Paris, France.
- I was so tired that I took a nap in the car.
- Please place the bouquet on the table.
- I really wish you would stop throwing your dirty clothes on the floor.
- What’s on the menu this evening?
Here we share with a preposition of place flashcards. Just click the picture to download the complete PDF of the flashcards.